Marshall County Schools Home Page Banner

January JM K of C Students of the Month

The Knights of Columbus John Marshall Students of the Month for January are Audrey McCord and Joshua Fintel.

John Marshall Assistant Principal Geno Polsinelli recognizes Audrey’s diligence. “Audrey comes highly recommended from her teachers, and she comes from a good family. The teachers mentioned that she is eager and willing to help students who are in need. She makes really good grades, and she’s an excellent choice for this award,” said Polsinelli.

Audrey feels thankful to be Student of the Month. “I’m grateful that my teachers recommended me and that I was able to win an award. I get good grades and I help some of the other students in my classes.” Audrey explained. She is also a 4-H Club member. 

Polsinelli believes Joshua’s character deserves this award. “Joshua really excels in the classroom and is noticed by his teachers. He is quiet but his behavior is a good example for the other students around him,” said Polsinelli.

Joshua believes his actions are why he deserves Student of the Month. “I do my work. I don’t talk, and I don’t horse around in class. I guess that’s what they consider Student of the Month worthy.” Joshua is involved in the Outdoor Club.

Article written by Ethan Cameron, Senior WJMH Broadcasting Student

Photograph by Justin Hall, Senior WJMH Broadcasting Student