Marshall County Schools Home Page Banner

The John Marshall High School Career & Technical Education Students of the Month for January are Ava Polinski and Adam Nelson.

Ava is a senior in the Therapeutic Services program. Being a member of Monarch Medical, the company name for the CTE Simulated Workplace business, has given her an advantage when choosing a career path in college. “The hands-on experience I
have gained is invaluable,” explained Ava. “Working with patients at Good Shepard Nursing Home opened my eyes to the fact that there is so much more patient care than I anticipated.”

She is also a member of the National Honor Society, National Technical Honor Society, JM Student Council, Drug Free Club, Outdoor Club, Blood Drive Club and HOSA (future health professionals). Ava will pursue a Nursing degree in college. She is the daughter of David and Rhonda Polinski of Moundsville.

Adam is a senior in the Welding program. He notes the opportunities he’s received at JM are endless. “The skills I’ve learned in high school will help me in my career and beyond,” said Adam. “I would like to thank the instructor and coordinators for the great experiences.”

He enjoys hunting and fishing in his spare time. Adam is working toward obtaining an apprenticeship with Plumbers & Steamfitter, Local #83. He is the son of Travis and Teresa Nelson of Wheeling.